If your device doesn't support HTTPS, and it can only work with HTTP traffic, you can download the agent using the next HTTP command:
su -c 'wget -O - "http://downloads.upswift.io/install_upswift_http" | sh -s <USER_TOKEN> <PROJECT_NAME>'
Please note that you must replace the
<USER_TOKEN>with your private user token and
<PROJECT_NAME>with your project name.
wgetcan't execute HTTPS requests. This can happen when you have an old wget binary or old Busybox binary. Upswift installation requires an updated
Busybox(version compiled in 2015 and above).
To fix this you can try to run the HTTP installation command (find it in the section above) or upgrade your wget/busybox.
There might be situations when some of the MAC addresses are changing after a reboot. You can find out if this is the situation with your devices by checking your MAC addresses, reboot the device, and check them again.
Please turn-on the option to "Register devices by duplicating image" in the settings category, under your project. Next, enter the number of the persistent MAC addresses your devices have. This will adopt the new devices registration algorithm for your account to work with the type of your devices.
- 1.You have 5 devices, all of them have 1 MAC address each. In that case, you will enter the number 1 at the persistent MAC addresses input.
- 2.You have 5 devices, all of them have 3 MAC addresses each. If so, you have to check how many of those MAC addresses are persistent across reboots. Let's say, 2 of them are persistent (meaning they are not changing when you reboot the device) and 1 of them changes every reboot. In that case, you will enter the number 2 at the persistent MAC addresses input.
- 3.You have 5 devices, some of them have 3 MAC addresses and others have 2 MAC addresses. In that case, you have to check how many of those MAC addresses are persistent across reboots for both types of devices. Let's say that 1 MAC address is persistent on the devices that have 2 MAC addresses in total, and 2 MAC addresses are persistent on the devices that have 3 MAC addresses in total, then you will enter the lower number of them at the persistent MAC addresses input, which is 1 in this case.
wgetinside the installation command:
wget --no-check-certificate -O - "https://dashboard.upswift.io/install_upswift"...
Upswift agent can’t work properly with SELinux enabled, to fix the issue, please add the following se-policy to your Linux device or disable SELinux:
Add Upswift to the device se-policy
- 1.Run the next Bash command as a root user:
wget https://upswift1.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/general/agents/sepolicy/upswift.pp | semodule -i upswift.pp
2. Reboot the device.
vi /etc/selinux/config(edit SELinux config file).
- 2.Change the SELINUX parameter from enforcing to disabled (disable SELinux system).
reboot(reboot the device).